Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with 3 week itinerary & train 2007/9/2 13:19
I have worked very hard & this is our schedule:

10/10-14 Tokyo ( stay with friend
10/14-16 ( stay with friend & 1 night at lodge at Atami
10/17 Tsumago (maybe hike from Magome if can find out what to do with luggage)
10/18 Kamikochi (stop in Matsumoto to see castle)
10/19 Kamikochi(day trip to Shin-Hotaka to go on cable.
10/20 Ogimachi
10/21-10/24 Kyoto
10/25 Mt Koyasan
10/26 1 Meet friend in Himeji & go by train to Yonago
10/27-10/30 Yonago ( stay with friend. day trips to Hiroshima & Kurashiki
10/31 Fly to Haneda. Limo to Narita.

I think the 14 day train pass would work for this. What do you think? And how do I know which of the trains on this schedule are covered by the JR Pass.? Are all of the ones on the schedule covered except the Nozomi or are there others not covered also.Thank you so much . This site is awesome!!!!!
by Barbara  

... 2007/9/2 19:56
I think the 14 day train pass would work for this. What do you think?

Yes, it seems that the 14-day pass will pay off by a few thousand yen if you do the two separate day trips from Yonago to Hiroshima and Kurashiki (these are time-consuming side trips, involving 7 respectively 4 hours of train travel!).

And how do I know which of the trains on this schedule are covered by the JR Pass.?

All major transportation will be covered, except for the bus from Matsumoto to Kamikochi, from Kamikochi via Takayama to Ogimachi and from Ogimachi to Kanazawa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Help with 3 week itinerary & train 2007/9/2 22:57
Thank you. The day trips from Yonago are by car so we don't need the train after we get to Yonago. Do you still think the pass is cheaper than individual tickets.

Also, I thought there was a bus from Ogimachi to Nagoya. Is it better to go to Kanazawa to get to Kyoto? Is it cheaper that way than going by bus to Nagoya & train from there to Kyoto?It is very difficult for me to figure out the bus schedules.
Thanks again.
by Barbara rate this post as useful

reply to this thread