Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido in Oct 2007/9/2 19:37
Hi, I am planning to visit Hokkaido in Oct for autumn leaves. Will cover Sopporo, Otaru, Noboritsu & Sounkyo.
I have 2 options for the date.
(1) 06/10/2007 to 13/10/2007
(2) 13/10/2007 to 20/10/2007.
Please help to advise which is better for kouyou (the red leaves). Arigatoo gazaimasu!
by Little Fish  

... 2007/9/2 20:11
In the average year, early October is best for Sounkyo and Noboribetsu. Mid October for Sapporo. But depending on the year it can vary by +/- a few days to even a few weeks. Right now it is still a little bit early to make predictions. I think that you will probably be able to see some colored leaves during both time periods. They are not far apart, anyway.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Autumn leaves in Sapporo in Oct? Furano? 2007/9/3 19:04
Hi,
I too am considering to visit Hokkaido in Oct but I'm starting from 22 Oct.
Will I miss the autumn leaves by then?
Where is the good place to see the leaves in Sapporo?
Also is it a good idea to go to Furano at this time?
by looking forward rate this post as useful

Hokkaido in Oct 2007/9/4 06:37
I will also be in Hokkaido from Oct 4 to Oct 9. Our plan is
(1) 3 nights in Sapporo
(2) 3 nights in Hakodate
Anybody can give me some suggestions on nice Ryokan (Japanese House) to stay. We are looking to relax and enjoy good food.
Thanks.
by hawaii rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/4 08:18
Will I miss the autumn leaves by then?

If it is a slow year, you may be able to catch some in souther Hokkaido. For example, Onuma Koen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5356.html

Thanks Uji san 2007/9/6 00:15
Uji san, Thanks for the advice. i have booked my package departing on 5 Oct.
I have 1 more question on returning to New Chitose Airport in early morning. My flight is 7.50am & i've plan to stay in Chitose town the night before, however i could not find any info on what time the train starts in JR station including in the official http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp, can you help? & if we are taking a taxi to the airport, how much it cost in early morning 6am ?
by Little Fish rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/9 19:54
The first train in the morning arrives at the airport at 6:48. That's early enough for a domestic flight, but if it is an international flight, it is probably a little bit late.

The airport is not far outside of Chitose City. A taxi ride probably costs around 700 to 1500 Yen, depending on the location of the hotel. Some hotels may have a free shuttle bus.

Thanks, Uji san 2007/9/14 00:15
Doomo arigatoo gozaimashita!
by Little Fish rate this post as useful

reply to this thread