Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in Tokushima and Iya Valley 2007/9/3 00:18
Hi there,

We're travelling to Shikoku at the end of September / beginning of October and will be taking the ferry from Wakayama to Tokushima. We'd like to spend one night in Tokushima in a mid-range priced hotel that's clean and comfortable and in the centre of town. Does anyone have a recommendation?

We're planning to hire a car in Tokushima and drive to the Iya Valley to stay 4 nights. I have heard that the Iyashi no Onsen-kyo in the quieter Higashi Iya is lovely, but am having trouble booking since I don't speak Japanese. Does anyone know how I might get in contact with them - is faxing the best option?

I have also heard about a family run ryokan in Nishi Iya called Kazuraya, but again, I am finding it hard to get any information on how to book. If anyone has heard of this, please let me know.

Finally, will 4 days in the Iya Valley be too long? We were thinking about spending a couple of nights in Kochi as well - can anyone recommend it as a town and advise on any lovely ryokans there?

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice!

Kimbers
by Kimbers  

.... 2007/9/3 10:03
Finally, will 4 days in the Iya Valley be too long?

I recently visited the Iya Valley, and two days were enough for me. But it obviously depends on the person.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread