Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

new chitose airport to shintoku 2007/9/4 01:48
Hi,

is there a difference betweem New Chitose Airport station and Minami-Chitose Station? If i am going to shintoku from the airport, does that mean that i will have to board a train at new chitose airport and then get down and change to the limited express train at the minami chitose station?
by mavis  

. 2007/9/4 08:57
Yes the two stations are different (they are one station apart), if you need to change to shintoku you change at Minami-Chitose Station to the Sekisho Line.

by John rate this post as useful

new chitose airport to shintoku 2007/9/4 10:37
Thanks John,

does that mean that we will have to unload and reload our lugguage? Are the 2 trains on the same platform?
by mavis rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/4 11:03
Yes you'll have to change trains, so that means taking any luggage with you off and reboarding another train.

No, the trains depart from different platforms, but it is a small station with 2 platforms and 4 tracks, so the transfer should not be too difficult.

Depending on your schedule you could probably just take a taxi to Minami Chitose Station from the Airport, otherwise just getting onboard at the airport train station, going one stop over and transferring is good. There's about 1 train per hour from Minami Chitose to shintoku

new chitose airport to shintoku 2007/9/4 11:31
Thanks John,

one more questions. My plan was to be at sapporo for few days than travel to shintoku.

The train ticket which my free and easy package provides is only one train ticket from minami chitose to shintoku. I plan to find my way to sappooro by getting my own train ticket. For the trip to shintoku, can i board the train at sapporo station using the train ticket provided by the agent (which is minami chitose/shintoku) instead of going back to board the train at minamu chitose?
by mavis tan rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/4 11:50
What does the "ticket" look like?

Is it a magnetic one (black back), does it have a specific time and date/train number you have to travel?

Anycayse whatever ticket it is, you have to pay for the portion from Sapporo Station to Minami Chitose Station.

new chitose airport to shintoku 2007/9/4 15:19
Hi,

have not seen the ticket, but the agent advised that the ticket will have my name, date and stipulated time of travel.

thanks.

new chitose airport to shintoku 2007/9/4 16:35
sorry, the travel agent just clarified

It's light green paper train ticket. And it shows station name, date, departure time, train-name, and seat number.
No name on the ticket.

. 2007/9/4 21:57
You would still need to pay the Sapporo to Minami Chitose tikcet yourself. So when you pick up your ticket for Minami Chitose to Shintoku make sure of the date and time, so you can leave Sapporo on time to make the connection in Minami Chitose.

reply to this thread