Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Umeda or Nanba Shinsaibashi in Osaka? 2007/9/4 16:47
I have read this forum extensively but still am torn which area to stay in in Osaka.

TO give you an idea

We will be flying into Kobe airport. Hopefully be able to dump our bags at Sannimiya ? station and go to either Himeji or Arima onsen.

That night, we will go to our hotel in the Bay area and then go to USJ the next day. We will stay at the same hotel that night too.

The next day we plan to check out and go to another hotel in Osaka, but I can't decide on Umeda/JR station area or Minami area?

I am leaning towards Umeda because it's easier to get to from Universal City station? and then easier to get to Kyoto where we will be going next.

But I understand the nightlife is better in Nanba/Shinsaibashi and therefore have to worry about when the last trains run to catch a cab back to Umeda if we stay there.

any suggestions? thanks :)
by scamel  

. 2007/9/5 17:17
Either should be fine I think. Trains shouldn't be a problem - last trains usually run between 12:30-1:00 am, and both areas are great in my opinion.
by JP rate this post as useful

Osaka 2007/9/5 20:07
I prefer Umeda (actually I now stay in a Kobe hotel when visiting the Kansai. There are hudreds of restaurants and bars around Sannomiya alone. Anyway, if you stay in Umeda but party too late in Minami, you can always walk back to Umeda by the Midosuji bld. it only takes 30 min. on foot from one place to the next!. There are lots of bars, clubs, restaurants in Umeda too! I have seen one building that has about 3 dozen small places. The Hankyu San ban gai underground mall has around 100 restaurants, cafes etc in its "food museum" (2nd basement floor). Yodobashi cameras in Umeda has 8 restaurants on its top floor. then there are a couple of hot streets just east of Midosuji dori and across the street from the famous red ferris wheel on the top of a building. There is a lot more places....
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread