Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Odawara/Shinjuku - Hiroshima travel 2007/9/4 19:14
Hi

Coming days we are planning to visit Hiroshima/Miyajima from odawara Area.
I want to know
1) what are various ways of travel from Shinjuku/Kanagawa(Odawara) area to Hiroshima. which one is cheapest and best.

2)Is there any agents giving discount to group of 10 guys etc.

3) which is cheap but better hotel to stay for couple with a kid.
4) which is best place to enjoy Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima?

Thanks in advance.
Enjoy Japan
by Cool Japan  

. 2007/9/5 23:07
1) what are various ways of travel from Shinjuku/Kanagawa(Odawara) area to Hiroshima. which one is cheapest and best.

Which is it, do you want to leave from Shinjuku or Odawara?

Also Cheapest and best really don't match up. If you want the best you have to pay for it.
by John rate this post as useful

AGREED 2007/9/6 06:24
I used a Seishun 18 Kippu to get back from Hiroshima, and so it can cost as little as 2300 yen. But be prepared for a 15+ hour train ride!

To get there, though, I took a much more efficient night bus with Orion Tours. They have an English website and some of the operators can speak English. Plus, a night bus drops you off at your destination right in the morning so you have the whole day to explore the city. Currently, the price for one person is 6500 yen with Orion Tours. So, we're not doing too badly for the time you'd save.

Of course, you can take the shinkansen, but yeah, they are a bit pricy aren't they? Up to you though.

At Hiroshima, look for a place called "Okonomimiura" which is just a building with 3 or 4 floors, each one with multiple booths ALL selling Hiroshima okonomiyaki. It's pretty crazy but you really get that "fresh cooked" feel mostly because...it is. You eat on the same hotplate area that the chef cooks your meal on. All I can remember was that it was near a very big, popular, covered shopping arcade. Alternately, here's a map, if you can read the Japanese or someone else can help you:

http://www.okonomimura.jp/access.html
by Jon rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/6 08:56
Your options from Tokyo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3404.html
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread