Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Detached Palace 2007/9/5 10:20
Hi,
I will be going to Hakone on the 14th sept. Could U please advice on whether the iternary is possible?

315pm: Reach Odawara
430pm: Reach Moto-hakone by bus
445pm: Hakone Detached Palace.(will this time be too late to visit the palace..will it be too dark olredi? Will there be many people going?) I read that the hakone Detached is the best place to have a good view of Mt fuji and lake Ashi..
545om: Take cruise to Togendai.
My hotel is at Togendai area. The dinner is btw 6pm to 7pm.
I read that the night view of the glass musuem area is very beautiful...If I set off from my hotel at 730pm, issit too late alredi?

THe next day, I intend to visit Hakone Open air Musuem, Owakudani, Hakone Check point and maybe Gora Park...Issit it possible to complete the course? What are the other places worth visiting. I will be taking the 640pm romance car from Hakone Yumoto.
by Lisa  

... 2007/9/5 18:09
will this time be too late to visit the palace..will it be too dark olredi?

Sunset will not have taken place yet. It should still be bright. Late afternoon actually tends to have relatively good visibility compared to other times of the day.

Will there be many people going?

I don't think that it will be particularly crowded at that time of the day.

I read that the hakone Detached is the best place to have a good view of Mt fuji and lake Ashi.

Yes, it is one of the nicer places, indeed. As for the remaining palace building itself, it is not very spectacular.

I read that the night view of the glass musuem area is very beautiful...If I set off from my hotel at 730pm, issit too late alredi?

The Glass Museum seems to close at 5:30pm.

THe next day, I intend to visit Hakone Open air Musuem, Owakudani, Hakone Check point and maybe Gora Park...Issit it possible to complete the course?

Yes, it is possible, although you will have to backtrack a little for the checkpoint.

What are the other places worth visiting.

Some ideas:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread