Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport to Shikoku 2007/9/5 16:12
I noticed that there is a rapid transport train (kaisoku) from Okayama to Shikoku island (Takamatsu) which runs much faster than the regular train. When searching it up, I noticed it had a seat reservation - which brings up two questions...

First, is the train actually valid with the youth 18 ticket? It seems like an abnormal kaisoku.

Second, is there unreserved seats available on this train? Or are all the seats reserved?

Thanks in advance!
by JP  

... 2007/9/5 17:40
I noticed it had a seat reservation

Yes, the train has some reserved seating and a few green car seats.

is the train actually valid with the youth 18 ticket?

Yes. The Seishun 18 Kippu is valid on all kaisoku trains. But if you want to use a reserved seat, you will have to pay for the seat reservation, which seems to be 310 or 510 Yen, depending on the date of travel. But you can use the non-reserved seats "for free".

It seems like an abnormal kaisoku.

Yes, indeed, it is unusual for kaisoku trains to have reserved seatings. Only a few of them exist in Japan.

Second, is there unreserved seats available on this train?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/5 18:14
Wow, thanks Uji for the information. As always, what i needed. I'll plan accordingly.
by JP rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/6 12:26
It's me again. I just had another question come up, which is related.

I'm planning to travel for a weekend to Takamatsu, which is the end destination point (i think) for the sky liner that i'll be taking.

In the town website, i was looking up things to do and came across a place where you could make and eat your own udon. Does anyone know if there's another way to reach the address besides car though? On the website, it suggests going to the place by car, but unfortunately i'm not able to rent one.

Address of place:
Sanuki Mengyo Co. TEL (087)867-7893 Matsunamicho, Takamatsu
about 15 minutes car ride from JR Takamatsu Station.
about 5 minutes car ride from Ritsurin Park.
Shikoku Yakuso Herb Center TEL ( 087)885-3200 Nariaiohashi nishi, Takamatsu
about 25 minutes car ride from JR Takamatsu Station

Thanks in advance!

. 2007/9/7 14:47
Sorry for having to do this - still need my question answered if someone happens to know.

One other thing, is there any places that you can recommend in the Osaka area for buying used youth 18 tickets? I read on the site about the discount booths, but if there are any bigger ones in particular that might still have stock for this final weekend that would be most appreciated. Once again thanks!

... 2007/9/11 10:06
Does anyone know if there's another way to reach the address besides car though?

It is a 30 minute walk from Sanjo Station on the Kotoden Kotohira Line.

The 5 minute taxi ride from Ritsuri Koen should cost less than 1000 Yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread