Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo International Motor Show 2007/9/5 16:30
Hello
My husband and I will be staying in Tokyo in late October and he really wants to visit the Tokyo Motor show on 26th October.
Just interested in anyone thats been before, whats it like and is it difficult to get to.Any replies appreciated, thanks
by Rowena  

... 2007/9/5 17:30
It is very easy to get to. Visit the official website for details:
http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/show/2007/eng/public/guide/ac...

The closest station is Kaihin-Makuhari Station on the JR Keiyo Line, 40 minutes from Tokyo Station.

Despite its name, the show is actually held in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/5 17:34
Sorry, I just noticed that you try to visit on October 26, the first day of the show, which is not open to the general public. The show opens to the general public on October 27. I assume you will need a media pass or special invitation to visit the show on the 26th.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tokyo Motor Show 2007/9/5 17:48
I attended in 2005. Don't miss it. Even if you're not into cars you'll trip on the spectacle. It's very easy to reach by direct train from Tokyo Station. Looks like you'll be going on a Friday so it shouldn't be too crowded. -Ken
by Ken rate this post as useful

Tokyo Motor Show 2007/9/5 17:59
Looks like the 26th is a day early unless you have a press pass. I attended on the opening Saturday - there were many people but as usual in Japan the flow is so smooth was not a problem.
by Ken rate this post as useful

cool show 2007/9/6 05:56
I visited the show 2 years ago. The coolest thing was the mini shows/demos the auto makers put on for their new and concept cars. The Japanese automakers announce their new/future stuff at this show while the other countries premiere their stuff at their shows (e.g. at Detroit for the American carmakers). But mainly expect the standard models...

If you are more interested in race/performance/custom/etc cars, then the Tokyo Auto Salon is a better show (although you won't be in Japan for this - it's in January).
by MY rate this post as useful

40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007/9/6 11:31
Any ideas whether Honda FCX concept, Fiat 500 and 2008 Citroen C3 been shown in the coming Tokyo Motor Show?
Thanks!
by tju rate this post as useful

reply to this thread