Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

In about ten to twelve months 2007/9/6 04:44
ill be taking a trip to japan, im a student in high school right now and next year i plan to take a trip to celebrate my graduation, and i was wondering how long do you think i could stay in japan with ten grand?
by Ben  

. 2007/9/7 09:27
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The answer is up to you and how much you value your and use your money. Not to mention 10grand what? JPY, USD? I assume USD, I can run 10 grand out in 5 days If I wanted to or I can stretch it out for months. Though maximum you can stay is 90 days in japan assuming you are from any major western country (eg US, Canada etc).
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/7 10:24
It also depends if you want to live or travel. I can live on less than $30 a day including rent, utilities, and food. When I travel I plan on spending closer to $50-$100 per day, the majority of that going towards lodging.

Also in regards to your other post that was deleted because it is the same question, you won't be able to get a job while on a 90 day tourists visa. In the best case scenario you could find a job and convert your tourist visa into a working visa, however that would require at least a bachelors degree which you won't have if you will be travelling immediately after high school graduation.

Anyway, on 10 grand USD you could travel very comfortably for 90 days. You could do all the regular tourist things and even check out some very nice hotels and ryokan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread