Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hi, which is the best for Zen traveller? 2007/9/6 11:23
Hi,

I am interested in Zen. As the Zen was born when Buddha gave transmission through Silence to Mahakashyap. And ultimately flowered in Japan.

I am interested if there is still any authentic place to learn Zen in Japan. As I studied some books about the comments on Zen. These days, most of the Zen teachers are only doing rituals, which does not give transmission. How can I know which the authentic center in Japan? How can I find a true Zen master in Japan?
by Lee Park  

Zen 2007/9/7 19:05
the answer is in your question my child!
if you are truly into zen no one but you can tell you whether or not your teacher is a teacher.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Daitokuji 2007/9/9 00:00
First off, I hope you speak Japanese. Daitokuji in northern part of Kyoto is a huge Zen complex. We attended a Zazen session there early one morning at the Ryuen-an, one of the sub temples there. However I know you're looking for more than that. If you do speak Japanese, that would be a place to start.
by Tay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread