Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nanzen-ji to Kiyomizu-dera 2007/9/6 14:39
What would be the easiest way for a group of four people to travel from Nanzen-ji to Kiyomizu-dera at about 3 in the afternoon?

Thanks to anyone with advice.
by Susan R  

... 2007/9/7 10:34
Taxi is the easiest way. Fare from Nanzen-ji to Kiyomizu-dera is about 1200-1300 yen. I hope that you can sqeeze yourself into 1 car!
by JLady rate this post as useful

catching a taxi from Nanzen temple 2007/9/7 12:19
Thanks again, JLady, that's exactly what I needed to know.

If you don't mind could you also advise me - are there usually taxis lined up at the entrances of the major temples in Kyoto? Or do you need to find a taxi rank in the area? (I am guessing we could probably pick up a taxi from the front of Kaege Station.)
by Susan R rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/10 19:40
are there usually taxis lined up at the entrances of the major temples in Kyoto?

Yes!

Apart from that, Kyoto is probably Japan's city with the highest "density" of taxis.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Walk! 2007/9/11 04:24
I would say walking! It's only about an hour or so (if you don't stop to see things, at least), and you walk through some great territory. The most direct route goes right past Chion-in, through Maruyama park, and the nicer half of the Higashiyama histori-tourist district on the way to Kiyomizu.
by Albert A rate this post as useful

reply to this thread