Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gero-Takayama-Shirakawago 2007/9/7 12:38
Hi!

I'm traveling between Kyoto and Hakone, I have 1 night in Gifu. I wish to see Shirakawaro and yet have a traditional accommodation where I can rent a private open air onsen bath with mountain or beautiful view. Budget less than 150USD/pax incl meals. I'm traveling by train and bus and wish to optimise my traveling time so it's not so rush. Can you suggest a route and most importantly suitable hotels?

I'm thinking:
Stay in Takayama and travel to Shirakawago but cannot find suitable accommodation that meets my onsen need

Or

Stay at Gero and travel to Shirakawago by train but is Gero a good place to stay or is Takayama better? If Gero is as good a choice as Takayama, where should I stay? Is Gero central is too touristy and is there a suitable district in Gero to stay?

Thanks!

Crystal.
by Crystal  

... 2007/9/7 19:06
Though Takayama is closer to Shirakawago, Gero has more choices of ryokan with onsen. (many of them face the Nagara river) Please check this site if you haven't.
Gero : http://www.gero-spa.or.jp/english/index.html
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread