Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renting a phone for this situation? 2007/9/9 23:51
I'll be in Japan for slightly more than a week and want to cut down phone rental costs.

Basically, for my 11 day stay, I'll only need a phone for the first 3 days.

Renting it at Narita airport on day 1 and going all the way back there on day 4 to return it, and coming back to Tokyo after that, doesn't appeal to me due to the transport cost to the airport and back.

Are there any easier options, like a prepaid phone, or any rental that we can return through mail?
by Saus  

. 2007/9/10 09:43
Saus if you rent from Softbank Global rental, you can choose to pickup at narita airport, and drop off at a place in Tokyo.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/10 09:49
Other services might have it where you can drop it in the mail to return, or check with your hotel if they have phone rental service as well.
by John rate this post as useful

Rentafone 2007/9/22 10:55
We had good luck with rentafonejapan. You can have it sent to your hotel in Japan, or for an extra 1000 yen, they will send it to you at home. When you're done, you put it in a postage-paid envelope that they provide and drop it in a mailbox, such as at the airport.

by Sue rate this post as useful

reply to this thread