Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trips to Wajima from Kanazawa 2007/9/10 20:07
We're visiting Kanazawa for 3 nights next February. Depending on the weather we'd like to do spend one day sightseeing in Kanazawa and one day visiting the Noto peninsula. I was thinking of a day trip to Wajima. Is this worthwhile, or does anyone have any better suggestions for a one day visit? Happy to use regular express buses - it doesn't have to be a tour. Thanks.
by Jon  

... 2007/9/11 11:32
It depends on your interests! For an onsen experience, I think that a side trip to Wajima would be good.

Another option would be a side trip to Shirakawa-go, one hour by bus from Kanazawa:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5950.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

- 2007/9/11 12:22
Many thanks Uji. Shirakawa sounds really interesting. I notice you posted a message on another forum page about the bus timetable from Kanazawa to Shirakawa. Could you please tell me if it's still valid as I can't read the Japanese timetable! I'm also going to be staying at Yamashiro Onsen - is it easier/faster to reach Shirakawa from Kaga or Fukui rather than Kanazawa? Thanks again for all your help.
by Jon rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/11 14:17
I don't know which thread you are referring to.

So, I just tell you the current timetable:

From Kanazawa: 8:40 and 14:40
From Shirakawago: 11:15 and 17:05

So, I recommend to take the 8:40 bus in the morning and return to Kanazawa with the 17:05 bus in the afternoon. That gives you roughly 7 hours in Shirakawago, which is enough to see most of Ogimachi village.
by Uji rate this post as useful

- 2007/9/11 14:36
Sounds like a good plan. If we wanted to stay overnight in a minshuku at Shiragawa do you have any particular recommendation, and is there a way to book if I don't speak or write Japanese? A hot spring is not so important to us - would just like to experience an authentic house stay. Many thanks again.
by Jon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread