Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to japan over the winter holidays 2007/9/11 04:45
Hi!
My name is Thom, 20 years old and I'm planning a trip to japan in the end of December.
I'm planning on staying for 2 weeks, but the thing is that I don't want to live in a hotel. Instead I'd like to live with a japanese familly or person so that I can learn more about the japanese customs and so on.

Much obliged
Thom Orahim
by Thom Orahim  

. 2007/9/11 13:30
Unless you are part of somesort of cultural exchange program, most families don't take in random strangers. Same for regular strangers you meet.

If you want to interact with other people living in Japan, try youth hostels etc, though its not exactly living with a family, you might run into people there.
by John rate this post as useful

homestay in japan 2007/9/11 16:05
There are organizations that do this, even JNTO I think can help with setting up a one night homestay. do a google search for 'homestay japan' and watch the results roll in. Also try WWOOF Japan, which is 'Willing Workers on Organic Farms', you'd have to actually work, I guess, but it looks interesting.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread