Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer Travel to Japan 2007/9/11 11:39
My 2 friends and I want to travel to Japan next summer around late July to early August but I know airfare is going to be pretty expensive. I cant look up anything really about the prices since it's too early to know what the prices will be for the summer of 2008. I was wondering what is the best estimate price during late July to early August and what would be the best time during the summer (From like June 20 to August 15) for cheaper airfare? We are trying to get a general idea we can work with so we can start planning so this would really help. I'd really appreciate it if I got some feedback. Thank you!
by momo  

... 2007/9/11 14:13
It depends on where you are coming from!
by Uji rate this post as useful

If From Singapore 2007/9/11 16:40
The cheapest i heard is about S$550 with taxes. and S$1200 on the higher end (economy class though)
by Amelia rate this post as useful

Airprices 2007/9/11 21:30
Expedia or Opodo should be able to give you prices now or soon you can book from about 11 months ahead?
by Julia rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/9/12 11:39
thanks for the feedback.
i am coming from Las Vegas. It is possible to get something that is under a $1000?
by momo rate this post as useful

to Japan 2007/9/12 12:35
$ 1000 for a Las Vegas to Japan flight, likely with a change in LA sound cheap. 25 years ago I was paying that for a flight Toronto-London that was 1/3 shorter in time and distance and wages were lower than now.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

summer travel 2007/9/12 14:14
I flew from Vegas to Narita this past summer for about $1200. I have already book a flight in Dec. for $800. With the price of fuel these days it's a crap shoot on what the prices will be in summer '08.(no pun intended).
by mano79 rate this post as useful

summer travel 2007/9/12 14:25
I forgot to add to my last post that it is very hot and humid in the summer. I kept telling everyone I would rather take the 120 degree heat in Vegas than the heat and humidity of Tokyo. I found it very, very uncomfortable.
by mano79 rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/9/13 10:57
thank you for your input. i knew it was going to be about over $1000. as far as weather goes, i know it's insane XD I am very much aware of that. i wish there was another time we could go but sadly, we have school. but thanks anyway. i'll take everything said into consideration.
by momo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread