Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in June 2007/9/12 17:34
Hello,

We would like to go to Japan in June. I know that it is rainy season. I understand that it can be raining every day (all day long)? Where do we have to go to avoid most of the rain.

We have a total budget of 5000 euro (2 persons). Is Japan worth to travel for 3 weeks (we have been to other countries in Asia before that was much cheaper) and spend that amount of money. Because it is a lot of money but we would like to do something special for our honeymoon. It is for a honeymoon so that is why we like to go in June just right after we are married.

Can someone tell me why we have to go to Japan?

Can you swim in the sea in June and where do we have to go for a nice beach.

And are National parks easy to reach by train of do you need your own transportation like a car or a bicycle. We would love to see some nature of Japan.

What is worth to see besides the tempels and the nature?

Thank you very much for answering.

Barbara
by Barbara  

... 2007/9/12 18:13
I understand that it can be raining every day (all day long)?

No, it does not rain everyday all day long! But it rains a lot, and there are not a lot of sunny days. The rainy season does not sound the best timing for a honeymoon.

Where do we have to go to avoid most of the rain.

Hokkaido and Okinawa get relatively little rain during June and July.

Can someone tell me why we have to go to Japan?

Yourself need to do so, after doing some more research :)

Can you swim in the sea in June and where do we have to go for a nice beach.

Okinawa tends to have good weather in June, especially the second half of June. There are lots of nice beaches:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1247.html

And are National parks easy to reach by train of do you need your own transportation like a car or a bicycle.

It depends on the national parks. But many of them are served only poorly by public transportation and a rental car comes handy.

We would love to see some nature of Japan.

Then, Hokkaido might be a good choice:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html

What is worth to see besides the tempels and the nature?

Cities, theme parks, hot springs, shopping centers, historic districts, museums, popular culture, traditional arts, and more. Depending on your personal interests.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Learn more about Japan 2007/9/13 05:24
you need to read some guidebooks or do more research on the internet. Then you can come back on this board with more specific questions. I think if you are looking for nice beaches Japan is not the best place.
by kawa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread