Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen and Normal Subway tickets 2007/9/14 14:56
Hi,
I am going to this place called Yuzawa(Ski resort) during dec.I am leaving from Tyo to Echigo Yuzawa.How do i book my Shinkansen tickets to there from Tyo?Any counter at Shinjuku?Do i have to book in advance?I might just a return tickets.

Another thing is that do they have unlimited train passes for normal subway?Like from shinjuku to Ueno...and many tourist places(Tyo dome)..etc..
Please help...thks
by adrienne lim  

... 2007/9/14 18:19
How do i book my Shinkansen tickets to there from Tyo?

You can book them at the ticket counter of any JR Station. Some larger stations also have special vending machines, which let you purchase shinkansen tickets.

Any counter at Shinjuku?

Yes.

Do i have to book in advance?

No. You can purchase them right before departure time.

Another thing is that do they have unlimited train passes for normal subway?Like from shinjuku to Ueno...and many tourist places(Tyo dome)..etc..

Yes. See here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reservations 2007/9/14 20:07
you can reserve seats on shinkansen, and it's often a good idea. There are usually seats available in the non-reserved, but why take the chance
by Andy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread