Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

AFL grand final broadcast in Kyoto 2007/9/14 18:45
Our family will be in Kyoto on 29 September on holiday. My husband is keen to watch a live broadcast of the AFL (Australian Football League) grand final that day. Does anyone know if there might be any bars or hotels in Kyoto where he might be able to watch it? Many Thanks
by Alison  

AFL Japan 2007/9/18 00:31
Sorry this is not much help but, google Japan AFL and or Tokyo Goannas. Both have websites. Suggest you get contact email from those sites and ask them. I am from Box Hill North footy club in Melb. We play all the local teams and some from around the world at the annual Narita Cup. This is on the 6th Oct at the Narita Radisson Oval. Speaking to people over there recently they say they now get full access via cable TV. So I am sure you will be able to get it.
by bhngaffa rate this post as useful

my 2 yens 2007/9/18 08:31
Go to Pig and Whistle. It is a British bar where you can watch various sporting events. It is located on Sanjo and Kawabata(near Kamo river)
Details:
Location: Shobi Building, 2nd floor, Ohashi, Higashi Iru, Sanjo Dori. On the north side of Sanjo Dori, east of the Kamo River
Subway: Sanjo Keihan (2 min.)
Phone 075/761-6022
Good luck!
by In rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2007/9/21 01:56
What about Tokyo? I'll be there grand final day.
by Ben rate this post as useful

AFL 2007/9/27 11:55
A few friends and I are heading to the Blarney Stone in Umedea (Osaka).
by paul rate this post as useful

AFL 2007/9/27 11:57
That's Umeda...
by paul rate this post as useful

2008 broadcast? 2008/9/25 22:32
Hi,

We are trying to watch the AFL grand final live on saturday (go hawks) somewhere in Kyoto. I know of places such as the Pig and Whistle, but they do not open until 5pm and the telecast begins at 12.30pm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Herbie
by herbie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread