Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone weather 2007/9/16 13:54
Hi. I will be travelling to Hakone region around October 1. Can someone advise me about the likely daytime temperature there? I will be going to both owakudani and komaga-take. What kind of woolens/warm clothing should I carry?
by Arnab  

... 2007/9/16 14:52
In lower elevations you can expect mild daytime high temperatures of around 20 degrees. A few degrees colder in higher elevations such as on the summit of Komagatake. In the night, temperatures drop to around 10-15 degrees in lower elevations. Single digits in the higher elevations.

The above values refer to average values. The actual values typically fluctuate by +/- 5 degrees.
by Uji rate this post as useful

weather 2007/9/16 15:43
If the weather now is anything to go by, expect the temperature to be at the higher end of average. It is still very hot in Tokyo (30 - 32 degrees high temp for most of the next week) so Hakone might well be quite warm still in October.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Hakone weather 2007/9/16 15:59
Thank you Uji and Sira. The information you provided is very useful for our planning.
by Arnab rate this post as useful

Nagoya 2007/9/16 20:32
I'll be in Nagoya next week and it will be 30 degree. Is there a chance it will be a kind of cold 30 degree? don't tell me its still like summer! do girld still wear summer skirts?
by pam rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/16 22:13
We had 34 degrees today in Gunma with a high humidity. I am afraid, 34 degrees feel as hot in September as they feel in August.

The average daytime high temperature for Nagoya in mid September is 28 degrees.

Best time to visit Hakone/Mt Fuji 2007/9/17 00:54
During autumn, when is the best time to visit Hakone/Mt Fuji? End October or Mid Nov?
by Zue rate this post as useful

It's still hot. 2007/9/17 09:05
Yes, Pam, it's a hot 30 degrees. I was wearing a summer skirt and sleeveless top yesterday in Tokyo and was cooking while I waited to cross the road in the direct sun. It is now 9.05am and in the high 20s already, I just came in from outside and am sweating.

Bring a light sweater but expect it to be pretty warm.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/17 09:11
During autumn, when is the best time to visit Hakone/Mt Fuji? End October or Mid Nov?

Autumn leaves are usually best in early November around the Fuji Five Lakes, and in early to mid to late November in Hakone, depending on the elevation. But October is nice, too. Just don't expect any autumn leaves, yet.

In any case, try to visit Hakone/Mt.Fuji on a weekday, because weekends and national holidays can be very busy.

Best time to visit Hakone/Mt Fuji 2007/9/17 12:09
Thx a lot Uji.

I plan to book full day Mt Fuji/Hakone tour on 21st Nov(Wed). My worries is that if late Nov the weather wont permit us to go up to 5th level.

... 2007/9/17 12:24
My worries is that if late Nov the weather wont permit us to go up to 5th level.

I see. There is a risk that the road to the 5th Station gets closed due to snow, but I believe that that risk is still relatively low in late November.

Recommendation for tour at Mt Fuji 2007/9/17 12:33
Thxxx a lot Uji. Glad to hear that. Look forward to my trip.

Any recommendation where i can book a day tour to Mt Fuji?

... 2007/9/17 12:51

Thx 2007/9/17 12:54
Thxx a lot Uji. will make enquiries with them.

bus to 5th Station 2007/9/20 22:44
Hi Uji,

we are now considering to go up to Mt Fuji on our own rather than take up a day tour. As the price is the same with our a nite stay in cheap hostel.

But the problem, i dun see any bus going up to 5th Station during late Nov.

Any advise how we can go up to 5th Station? Or other places where we can see nice view of Mt Fuji?

Thxxx in advance

... 2007/9/21 06:28
But the problem, i dun see any bus going up to 5th Station during late Nov.

In November, buses from Kawaguchiko Station to the 5th Station run only on weekends and national holidays. And there are only four buses, mostly in the morning.

Any advise how we can go up to 5th Station?

An alternative option would be renting a car:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html

Or other places where we can see nice view of Mt Fuji?

From the Fuji Five Lake area, e.g. Lake Kawagychiko:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6900.html

Transportation to Five lakes 2007/9/21 14:35
Thxxx Uji.

We be staying at K's House so how do we get to Five Lakes?

So sad that we are unable to go to 5th station.

Will it be a great missed for us.

If it is..then i think i follow the day tour as it will go to 5th Station. Only think we wont stay a nite at Mt Fuji.

Whats ur advise?

Thanx in advance

... 2007/9/22 19:49
We be staying at K's House so how do we get to Five Lakes?

The K's House Mt. Fuji is located in the middle of the Fui Five Lake region, just a short walk from Lake Kawaguchi, one of the five lakes.

Will it be a great missed for us.

I personally don't consider the 5th Station a must-see attraction. I find the view of the mountain from the base or from neighboring mountains just as attractive.

reply to this thread