Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying for language schools? 2007/9/17 18:48
Hi. I'm thinking of attending a Japanese language school in Tokyo for about 2 years starting in April under a pre-college visa. As tuition and the cost of living can be expensive, I'm concerned about how to pay for my education. Is it possible for me to take out some kind of student loan to help with the cost?

Any experience/advice is appreciated, thanks.
by arc  

... 2007/9/17 22:19
I don't think there is a student loan for foreigner. Before you even register for your Japanese school, the school will collect all kinds of evidence that you can afford to pay your tuition. Without this the school would likely to be hesitant to take you in. If possible try to arrange to pay for the first 6 months of the tuition fee. Then later try to work out some arrangement to work as part timer in some restaurant. Though it can't be hard for the restaurant to accept you as a worker because you can't speak fluent Japanese.
by in tokyo rate this post as useful

working visa 2007/9/17 22:31
In fact you also need to show Immigration that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and pay for your study in order to get the student visa.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/17 23:26
There aren't many loans in Japan for foreign students, but in your homecountry (whatever that maybe) you might have to take out a personal loan from a bank or lending agency (but be aware of interest rates etc). As mentioned to get into a Japanese school one must already show you have enough to support yourself. They've been really cracking down and looking and verifying bank documents, tax forms etc etc.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread