Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Budget Inn at Kyoto 2007/9/18 23:57
Hi..
This October I'll go to Kyoto and I've booked a Japanese private room 4+extra for my family(adult 4 and child 1) at Budget Inn. And I need some help about information of this ryokan like how to go there from Kyoto station, cleanliness, room space,nearby eating place....
If someone had experienced of this ryokan before, please let me know. Thank you for your reply.
by Tam  

Re: Budget Inn 2007/9/20 08:49
I stayed at the budget inn with wife and 2 kids last March. There is nothing very special about the place, its cheap and the linen was clean. The rest of the room like bathroom, and small kitchen area were pretty run down, but I did not spend alot of time in the room. Its about a 5 min walk from Kyoto Station, look at map http://www.budgetinnjp.com/map.html. Most of the restaurants can be found at Kyoto station. If you are looking for a more traditional Japanese Ryokan type of environment, I would try something else. If you are looking for a clean, inexpensive place to sleep, then this place was ok.
by Mike rate this post as useful

A nice budget inn at Nara? 2007/9/20 09:06
Anyone found a nice Ryokan or other place to stay in or near Nara? Cost is a factor at this stage of our trip so under Y5000 pp. would be good.
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation near Nara 2007/9/21 00:36
Our family stayed at the guest house Yougendo that is located about 15 min by train from Nara. We really enjoyed our stay there and the price was very reasonable. http://www.yougendo.com/. One of our best days was going to Mt. Shigi where were there is a large buddist temple, and a onsen closeby. The guest house is a 2 min walk from the main Oji trainstation. I would highly recommend this guest house.
by Mike rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/9/21 18:14
At first I saw this ryokan from Lonely planet and Google map but now I think it seem no highly recommendation to stay. Thanks for information from all of you.
by Tam rate this post as useful

reply to this thread