Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

help me with this Lake towadako 2007/9/19 01:27
from the website

I can take JR Bus MIzu-umi2 at 730am fr Aomori station right ? Must I book the tickets (to and fro) beforehand and where to buy the tickets (I am holding JR pass) ? Where to take the bus ? The day before I reached Aomori at a late time.

To go to Oirase Mt Stream, which bus stop shall I stop ? There is small trekking pathway right ? How much time do i need for this ? Are the tracks clearly stated ?

After which I wanted to go to Lake Towadako, I need to take the bus preferreably at 1355hrs or latest by 1530hrs to reach Aomori stn by 1825hrs as I need to catch a train at 2006hrs or 1812hrs to Hakodate .

Is my plan fleasible ? Please advise me .
Thanks !
by hoon  

... 2007/9/20 07:55
The following page is very useful:
http://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/english.html

To go to Oirase Mt Stream, which bus stop shall I stop ?

Depends how far you want to walk. The passage between Ishigedo is about 7 kilometers, I believe. That takes about 2 hours. The trail is all along the valley. You can't get lost.

Your plan sounds feasible to me.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/20 10:38
Uji san..

thanks ! I have that website page.

but must I book the tickets (to and fro) beforehand and where to buy the tickets (I am holding JR pass) ? Where to take the bus ? The day before I reached Aomori at a late time

So I can stop at Yakeyama and start walking to Oirase stream ?

thanks !
by hoon rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/20 15:03
I need some opinion.

So that means I should drop at bus stop called Ishigedo instead of Yakeyama ?

I read some where that if I walk all the way to Ishigedo need about 4hrs .. and once out of the valley i should be able to see a bus stop which can takes me to Lake Towadako right ?

Because I am trying to match with the bus timeable .

Lake Towadako needs how many hours to visit ?

Going in Oct 24th hope I can the autuum foliage

Really appreciate any help.

.. 2007/9/20 19:28
I went to towadako last April.
No need to reserve ticket for the bus.
You just get on the bus and present your JR Pass to the driver.
Bus stop is l in front of JR Bus terminal that next to Aomori station.
by labayod rate this post as useful

A day trip will be tight on time. 2007/9/21 07:09
I would take the 7:30 bus to Nenoguchi, look around the lake a bit from there, or rent a bicycle, cross the bridge from the bus station and go down the steps for the Oirase trail, and hike as far as Ishigedo to pick up a return bus to Aomori. You would have 3 buses to pick from to return to Aomori with 14:42 being the first. From Nenoguchi, the hike is about 7km downhill. It follows the road and in some places is the road so you can't get lost. One section of the trail was closed last June but it just forces you onto the road. If you had longer, you could take the bus into Yasumiya, take a ferry back to Nenoguchi, and then hike the trail.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

labayod..Anaguma... and Uji 2007/9/21 11:35
SO in your opinion which bus stop should I alight to enjoy the sights in the Oirase stream ?

Actually the oriase stream starts from Ishigedo till Nenokuchi is it ?

I wish to do a full hike till Ishigedo and take bus at Nenokuchi to Lake Towadako.

How many hours do I need for the full hike ?

Need your opinions ! thanks !

... 2007/9/23 10:35
The best section of the stream is between Ishigedo and Nenokuchi. You can either walk it upwards from Ishigedo or downwards from Nenokuchi. I personally prefer to walk from Ishigedo to Nenokuchi, because you walk against the stream's flow and are constantly looking upwards, which I find more attractive than looking down the stream.

How many hours do I need for the full hike ?

I would allocate 2-3 hours, but it depends on the individual pace.

few > questions.. 2007/9/23 14:53
Thanks Uji san, will take in your suggestion.

I supposed after I hike till Nenokuchi(meaning end of the hike) , once I come out I will be able to see a bus stop right and take the JR bus to Lake towadako ?

Sorry for so many questions.. because there is arent any map.. so alittle apprehensive . Thank you so much !

... 2007/9/23 15:35
I supposed after I hike till Nenokuchi(meaning end of the hike) , once I come out I will be able to see a bus stop right and take the JR bus to Lake towadako ?

Nenokuchi is at the shores of Lake Towada. The bus stop is easily found. Buses to Aomori and Hachinohe stop at Nenokuchi. There is a simple map on the before referenced page (Ishigedo is located close to Yakeyama, between Yakeyama and Nenokuchi):
http://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/english.html

one last question 2007/9/23 16:33
Uji san..Can you kindly tell me what are the sights from the hike starting Ishigedo to Nenokuchi ?

Managed to find some interesting sights namely

Kumoi-no-taki Falls
Choshi-O-Taki falls
Shiraito-no-taki falls

Am I able to see the above along the trek as suggested ? any others ?

Thank you so much for your help! :)

... 2007/9/24 08:43
Can you kindly tell me what are the sights from the hike starting Ishigedo to Nenokuchi ?

There is nothing but the stream in the forest with some small waterfalls along the way.

reply to this thread