Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spacia Kinugawa line with JR Pass? 2007/9/22 10:05
Hello all,

I am planing to travel from Tokyo to yunishigawa onsen, but I am not sure if JR Pass is valid in this line.

I have found the information that the lines are NOT valid for users of JR EAST Pass, but maybe they are valid for users of JR UNIVERSAL Pass...

If not, I am considering the possibility of going to Utsunomiya by shinkansen and then to yunishigawa with other lines, paying then a smaller price, but I wonder if it will be too complicated (too many norikaes)

Can anyone help me find the cheapest way to go to Yunishigawa onsen holding a JR UNIVERSAL Pass?

Thanks in advance.
by Traveller  

... 2007/9/23 12:11
On the Spacia Kinugawa you would have to pay the supplement to cover the non-JR part of the journey, which is quite expensive, I believe.

The cheapest way would be taking JR to Imaichi via Utsunomiya, then walk to nearby Shimo-Imaichi Station (about 10 minutes on foot) and then take a local Tobu train to Yunishigawaonsen. It will cost you 800 Yen one way.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/9/23 15:42
Thanks a lot, Uji. You are always so helpful!

Have a nice day.
by Traveller rate this post as useful

reply to this thread