Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

job in japan? 2007/9/29 00:10
I am not sure if it is okay to post this here, but I figure it is worth a shot.

I am Japanese resident (hold American and Japanese passport so visa is not necessary) and am in search for a job.
I understand it is obviously easier to be hired with a degree (for obvious reasons) but I was wondering what jobs I could get without one.

I often look through magazine "town work" and other arubaito magazines, and also check yahoo.co.jp and other arubaito sites as far as japanese jobs go. But I also check jobsinjapan.com and the others like it. (which don't seem to update much)

I know there are a lot of smaller english-speaking business that look for workers, (which I would like to work for) but I am not sure where to find such places. Preferably the labor type of work (?) moving, packing, etc.

I don't think it's necessary to post my skills but, I'm fluent in english and conversational in Japanese? I know HTML, excel, and photoshop rather well (or atleast would like to think so, lol.)

Or if anyone knows where they'll hire someone ugly to be a kyabajyo (hostess), lol.
by Saki  

. 2007/9/29 08:54
Well you could become an english teacher of course. That is easy money, and the employer won't have to bother with visa issues etc since you have a Japanese Passport.

The thing holding you back from other jobs would be Language Skills. If you have time I would practice on the language, go to a language school at night or during the day if you need to with help imporving your Japanese. Since you don't need a visa, if you improve apon your Japanese skills more options open up.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread