Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

We need information, please. 2007/9/29 18:00
I am 21 years old. I only have a high school education, with a little college as well and wish to try something new, and exciting. While speaking with a friend of mine, he suggested we try moving to Japan. The important thing I need to know: Is such a thing possible? I have been taking Japanese language classes since I was 18, and enjoy it very much. I have also been saving a lot of money so the myself and my friend may go and do this. Can someone please help me with any information I may need to do this? I'm worried something may go wrong if I do not know all the current details.
Thank you very much.
by Michael  

. 2007/9/30 07:28
Move to Japan to do ....?

Again use the search function. Depending on what country your nationality is, you might qualify for a working-holiday visa, but if you don't come from a country with a working holiday visa then to work you'll need a work visa, and looking at your situation to get a working visa you need a bachelors degree.
by John rate this post as useful

Japan 2007/9/30 09:12
Where are you from? If you are from Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand you are eligible for a working holiday visa and will be able to stay in Japan for one year, during which time you can look for work- possibly in the hospitality industry or teaching English. This visa is not available to Americans.

If you have the funds you can look at getting a student or cultural visa and coming here to learn Japanese, martial arts or a traditional skill.

Without a Bachelor's degree you are not eligible for a full working visa unfortunately.

Have a look at the Japanese MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) website for more info on visa eligibility.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread