Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Phones in Japan 2007/9/29 19:19
Hey, me and some friends will be heading out into Japan soon and I was wanting to know how we contact each other and back home and local numbers

1. Me and my friend both have mobiles from Australia with international roaming switched on. What number do we dial to call each other while in Japan. ie +61 xxxxxx, +81 xxxxxx, or just our normal phone numbers

2. IF we want to call a local number in japan do we need to dial +81 or just the normal number.

3. If someone in Japan wants to call me do they dial +61, +81 or just normal number

4. If we want to call Aus its +61, drop the leading zero and normal number. Correct?

Thankyou for any assistance
by Juuloo  

. 2007/9/30 00:16
If your international phone works in Japan to begin with (make sure it does) then you dial each other like if you were at home. If you need to dial a number in Japan then you need to use international calling options on your phone, using Japan's international call code first.
by John rate this post as useful

Cheers! 2007/9/30 06:34
Thanks for your speedy reply. One more thing. If someone in Aus wants to call us on our mobile do they use japan's international calling code or Aus's.
by Juuloo rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/30 07:37
They call you like they would call any other phone in Aus.

Just pretend when using your phone you were using it at home. If you were calling someone at home then thats how you would do it in Japan, if someone wanted to call you in Japan that would call you exactly how they would if you were at home.

So if you were to call in Japan to a Japanese phone number, you would do it like you were at home, by dialing the international calling code etc.

Of course be careful what the international roaming prices might be.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread