Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Please help about Akiu area information 2007/10/3 12:36
I plan to go to Akiu from Sendai. Anyone who know about bus or train informations from Sendai to Akiu-bunka-no-sato and from Akiu-bunka-no-sato to Akiu-o-taki such as timetable or anything,please help.
by Vince  

You probably . . . 2007/10/4 10:17
. . . are trying to see the waterfall? What is the Bunko-no-sato? There is a somewhat rundown botanical garden near the waterfall. I presume you got the lowdown from the JNTO site.

Sendai has good tourist info in English; they will provide you with a bus schedule. This trip is particularly worthwhile if you stay in Akiu Onsen, but it seems really high class and must be expensive.

The last stop on the bus is the waterfall area. There is a temple and the garden, and you have to walk a bit to the waterfall.

At Akiu Onsen, there is a tourist info center. I walked to a small gorge nearby. From there I caught the bus back to Sendai.

By the way, there is a little Mom and Pop 7Eleven-type store in Akiu Onsen that I'll say has the best obentos I've seen in Japan. One had crab meat. Unusual variety, impeccable preparation, good-sized portions. I didn't want to drag obentos back with me since I still had to see the gorge so I bought one obento and ate it outside the store.

I recommend this trip since you can knock off a bunch of stuff in a day trip or less. The gorge is really compact and only about 0.5 km.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread