Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get back to Nishi-Ogikubo? 2007/10/5 06:20
Tokyo 23-ku
It looks like a lot of the trains stop running after 11pm. If we are out drinking later in Shibuya, Shinjuku, or Roppongi how can we get back to Nishi-Ogikubo? Thanks for your help!
by Ivy  

Train schedule website 2007/10/5 10:42
You'll want to bookmark this website as it will plan nearly every trip by train, short or long, in Japan. Note the button "english" that you've got to press to get English service.

http://www.hyperdia.com/

According to this trip planner, if you leave Shinjuku as late as 12:34am, you can still get back to Nishi-Ogikubo and not be stuck in Tokyo.
by Jon rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/5 10:49
The last train from Shinjuku to Nishi Ogikubo leaves at 1:01AM.

If you miss that then your options are to walk (about 10km), taxi (about 2500yen), or wait for the first train at 4:58AM.

Another option would be to go to an all night mangaya, internet cafe, or onsen. Many have big comfortable chairs you can sleep in.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/5 10:54
I used to use hyperdia but I find that http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/ is easier to use and more accurate. You don't have to put the exact train station name to get a hit whereas in hyperdia you do.
by yllwmrf rate this post as useful

Nishi-Ogi = suburbs 2007/10/5 18:54
Taxi is your only option if you miss the last train. Roppongi is further from Nishi-Ogi than Shinjuku is so you would be looking at up to 5,000 yen including the night surcharge.

Nishi-Ogikubo isn't the most central of locations, possibly not the best choice for someone who wants to be out late in central Tokyo. One idea would be to stay closer in, Shinjuku, Shibuya or Akasaka for example.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/10/7 10:47
Thank you guys for the responses!! I really appreciate all of your help!!
by Ivy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread