Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walking the Trail from Magome to Tsumago 2007/10/6 05:04
Hi,
I'm planning a trip to Tsumago for the festival of Bunka-Bunsei times in Edo period on November 23. I'm leaving from Nagoya to Nakatsugawa then on to Magome and take the walking trail to Tsumago for the festival. I'm traveling alone. Is this safe, to walk the trail alone? And does anyone know what time the festival starts? Thanks in advance!
by Lori  

... 2007/10/6 12:11
Is this safe, to walk the trail alone?

Some parts lead through unpopulated forested areas, but as a man, I had no safety concerns. As a woman you are likely to encounter no problems either, but there is always a small risk.

And does anyone know what time the festival starts?

At 10:30am:
http://www.tumago.jp/wp/?p=18
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2007/10/6 23:23
Thank you Uji. I searched everywhere trying to find a link for time. I will change my plans though because I was going to Magome first and then on to Tsumago. I should go to Tsumago 1st so I can see this wonderful festival. I'm looking forward to this special part of my vacation.

I went to Japan last year and I felt very safe. So although there is some risk, I will probably walk the trail.

Hontou ni domo arigatou gozaimashita!
by Lori rate this post as useful

reply to this thread