Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 Evening and 1 Morning in Fukuoka 2007/10/6 18:14
I arrive at the airport around 6pm and am staying at a business hotel close to the Hakata Station.

Want to maximise my time. So I think Canal City is the closest thing to visit on the first evening? Are there are viewing towers locally to visit in the evening?

I will goto Fukuoka tower the next morning and visit Shofukuji Temple and the Castle at ohorikoen. Then its off to Aso on the train in the afternoon.

Anything else I should see in Fukuoka? Is it safe to walk around in the dark? I have never been to Japan before, I am white english.
by Bill  

... 2007/10/8 22:09
I've just stayed in Fukuoka on our way back from Yufuin. Shops at Canal City are open until 9pm. So once checking-in the hotel, you can walk to Canal City (about 10 min). Or you can go to Nakasu area for Yatai (stall) ramen.

If you want to maximize your time, take a subway to Nishishin station from Hakata and take a cab to Fukuoka tower. (5min, more or less 1000 yen)
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread