Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japanese intentions! 2007/10/7 17:51
I live in Miyagi prefecture. It is nice. I love it. Since coming from England, I am charming and highly approachable. I find it very easy to make friends with people. I get along with women more, so I have more Japanese woman as friends.

But one thing that makes me so concerned is why the woman scatter when they hear that I have no girlfriend.

Usually, i go out, have lunch etc etc. when we talk, they ask "do you have a girlfriend". This is where it all goes wrong, because if i say "no", i never hear from them again. I dont like lying, so i wont say yes, just to keep the peace, and besides, then they like me for someone i am not.

It is very strange. some give me a message stating they have a boyfriend, and staying as a friend will hurt their lover. Others dont have boyfriend, but usually i dont hear from them. I am very confused to what am I doing incorrectly.

If anyone has advise, or knows the reason, please advise me. I have lost a few good friends due to this problem.
by james  

just a thought 2007/10/8 08:24
Do you mean that you go out with someone of the opposite gender, just the two of you, and you tell them you don't have a girlfriend? I think it's natural for them to assume that you are hoping that for them to be your girlfriend.

If you're looking for pure friendship, invite two or more people at a time. Go out in a group rather than just the two of you.

If you're looking for a girlfriend, try to build up a friendship first rather than to be too quick to invite her for a meal.
by Uco rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/9 21:14
If you don't hear from them again have you tried to re-initiate contact with them?

Japanese women are hard to understand. Very difficult sometimes. I have finally succumbed to pressure and admit this to be the truth. :)
by Blanc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread