Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sanyo Xacti HD2 2007/10/7 21:00
I'm coming to Japan next week and I wish to know where should I go to get the best price for the Sanyo Xacti HD2? Is it true that oversea models are much more expensive than the Japanese model?
by Alex  

... 2007/10/9 21:46
Alex, as demands are low, overseas models are generally more expensive than local models. But many of local models can select English at the initial setting.

Ask the shop clerk if you can select English for this model. By the way, Sanyo Xacti HD2 (local model) are sold at about 40,000 yen.

And you can buy it tax-free at major discount shops.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Arigato 2007/10/10 21:25
Thanks alot for the info =)
by Alex rate this post as useful

Xacti HD2 2007/10/20 05:04
The japanese price quoted online includes the 5% tax already, Im getting my HD2 when I visit my family this December, they were priced now at 44,599 yen (roughly 360 dollars)last week its 38,000 + maybe the demand got high... sigh.. check the website, http://kakaku.com/item/10067610055/
if you'll be in Tokyo area your best bet will be akihabara and if your in Osaka go to nipponbashi, if your good in looking on other shop sometime they were lower than you think.
by Philip rate this post as useful

hd1000? 2007/10/20 15:46
isn't the hd2 an old model? I thought they already released their HD1000 true 1080 model....

---

Overseas models are always more expensive there, unless it's some sort of last year's model clearance pricing.

Only reason for it? Warranty and English menus (assuming the Japanese model doesn't have such - most do have English menus).

---

Baseline pricing can be had from biccamera.com and amazon.co.jp for anything you want. Bargain down from there.

I forget, but there's a few nice websites out there in Japanese that also list the lowest to highest prices from stores.

http://kakaku.com/item/10067610055/

anyways, sales are good too.
eg. Yodabashi akiba, sofmap 9 in akihabara have amazing pricing when they have sales.

---

Also, search the USA for pricing prior to leaving.

shopper.com + fatwallet.com/c/18/

You just may find it as cheap or cheaper to buy it prior to departure depending on yen/dollar exchange rates.

by d =) rate this post as useful

Sanyo Local models is in japanese only 2008/1/16 11:11
I am living here in Japan, I tried to find a Sanyo that could say English, but I couldn't.
You must buy overseas models.
by Shimy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread