Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

upgrade to nozomi 2007/10/9 09:23
I hold a JR rail pass,and wish to travel on a nozomi bullet train. Can I use the railpass and pay the extra.
by damian  

FAQ 2007/10/9 10:27
Damian,

Can I use the railpass and pay the extra.

No.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Ahmm 2007/10/11 12:59
it's clearly stated that JR pass are NOT accepted on nozomi...
by Amelia rate this post as useful

Nozomi 2007/10/11 15:36
According to JR West info the JR West Sanyo pass can be used on the Nozomi;
"Unlimited usage of the Sanyo Shinkansen (including nozomi) between Shin-Osaka and Hakata". see www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_04.html
by Sansei rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/11 16:36
I think when posters ask *generally* about "JR pass" or "Japan Rail Pass," it is assumed that it's one of the nationwide 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day passes for non-residents of Japan. Then it is valid on all Shinkansen, local trains, etc., *except* Nozomi.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
by AK rate this post as useful

nozomi 2007/10/11 23:25
What the poster (right after my first posting) said is right h but the info I gave may be helpful for tourists who, like me, stay in one area only (Kansai or Kyushu for example) were not aware of the Sanyo pass and will get the 4 days Sanyo pass just to ride the Nozomi, as I will on my next trip. not everyone likes a long trip that result in sensory overload. Some prefer to go to Japan (and Europe) for short trips (a week or even a long weekend). That's what I often do
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

How much extra? 2007/10/12 06:33
Hmmm so how much extra do we have to pay if we want to travel on the Nozomi but have the ordinary JR pass?
by Catherine rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/12 08:39
Hmmm so how much extra do we have to pay if we want to travel on the Nozomi but have the ordinary JR pass?

The full fare!

You can look it up here:
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/12 09:12
To Sensei2/Sansei,
Yes, I believe the information you provided is helpful to people who want to focus on western part of Japan. I just wanted to emphasize that what you proposed was an alternative to the regular Japan Rail Pass, because people at times do get confused...
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread