Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to apply National Police Check? 2007/10/9 23:36
I am Canadian. I teach English in Japan for a year. I will go to Australia for the Teacher Diploma. The University need '' National Police Check'' from Japan and Canada. How to apply in Japan??
by Richard  

police 2007/10/10 09:36
Hi
What university in Australia requires a Japanese National Police clearance? Thats very strange!
Some language courses there require National Australian Police clearance but thats because they have placement programs after you complete the education.
by Kevin rate this post as useful

Police checks 2007/10/10 11:44
I imagine that you need the police clearance for a student visa, right? This is common practice for government visa purposes to request a police clearance from any country that you've spent a significant amount of time in.

If you're still in Japan, you'll need to apply at your Prefectural Police Headquarters Identification Section. If you aren't still in Japan, you'll have to apply at the local Japanese consulate or embassy.
by chan_konabe rate this post as useful

Clearance 2007/10/10 12:36
Governments may need a police clearance (though I have never ever needed one in any country I have worked in) for visa purposes but Universities in Australia do not.
It is very un-normal and they should not be asking. I have never heard of a single foreign student in Australia being asked to provide a police clearance and there is a LOT of foreigners in Australia Studying

Australia is very short on teachers :) are you doing that for a career there or Japan? Since you can do a one year course if you have previously done uni, its a good way to get into teaching.
by Kevin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread