Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo for a Graphic Designer 2007/10/10 18:30
Hi i'm a graphic designer from new zealander.

my discipline is interactive / new media design but anything from print / typography / books thru to industrial / architecture / furniture
interests me.

i'm heading to tokyo and possibly kyoto from 2 november to the 12th.

was wondering if anybody could point me towards anything that may be of interest. i'm aware of some sort of designfiests.
and i've also booked for the ghibli musuem.

was wondering if anybody could point me in any other directions.

anything such as activities or walks, hidden boutique stores, obscure museums or monumental ones, unsung bars, or maybe some bizarre second hand store

i would much appreciate any advice i can get.

cheers

damn them ABs....
by bokchoy22  

places to visit 2007/10/11 09:44
Hi, in Tokyo, I would recommend you to visit the National Art Center near Nogizaka station of the Chiyoda subway line, because of its modern and unique architecture. Also visit the Omote-sando street near Harajuku where you can see many designer boutiques. Also the Roppongi Hills, the Tokyo Midtown are good to visit. There is another area called Daikanyama, the next station from Shibuya by the Toyoko line is also good to walk around.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

Your ideas appreciated 2007/10/16 15:25
National Art Center sounds good -did not know about this, Read Ebisu district is worthwhile to visit - so hope to get there as well.
by bokchoy22 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread