Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tama centre 2007/10/12 11:23
Hi,

Besides Sanrio Purioland, are there any other attractions, shopping centres or things to do in Tama Centre? Are they all within walking distance or do I have to take the subway?

Is Sanrio Purioland worth going?

And how much will it cost for a taxi from Tama Centre to Asakusa? I've got three small children in tow and find the subways a little daunting.

Thanks!
by Mab  

... 2007/10/12 15:37
Mab, it cost 13000-14000 yen from Asakusa to Sanrio Puro Land by taxi. You can reach there by public transportation by a fraction of the cost.

by JLady rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2007/10/12 20:53
Tama Centre to Asakusa is right from the very western end of Tokyo to the far eastern side- you couldn't be further away from Asakusa and still be in Tokyo. As above that would be a very long and expensive taxi ride. As long as you stay away from the rush hours the train shouldn't be such a bad experience with kids- quite possibly faster than a taxi too as cross-city traffic is often very slow, even at midday.

Tama Centre is very suburban. It is relatively a fairly recently developed area, so there is nothing much there other than the theme park. A small mountain called Mt. Takao is on the same side of Tokyo- you can take a cable car almost to the top where you get a nice view of Tokyo, and there are some interesting shrines and temples near the top. That might be better than Asakusa if you don't want to make a long trip.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/10/13 12:34
Thank you Sira and Jlady for your advice. I think we'll give Tama Centre a miss since there's just Puroland (the entrance fee is also rather expensive) The taxi fare is scary : P
by Mab rate this post as useful

reply to this thread