Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Nara to Nara Park - bus? 2007/10/13 03:01
Thanks for all your help so far, Japan Guide forum users :) I'm just about wrapped up helping my friends on their December trip to Japan.

Part of the trip will be in Kyoto and Nara. They will have a JR Pass on hand and will take JR Kyoto Station to JR Nara Station. What is the most convenient/easiest way to get to Nara Park? They want to see the deer.

Thanks again,
peanut
by peanut  

... 2007/10/13 07:49
You can easily walk there in about 15 minutes along an interesting shopping street. Alternatively, there are lots of buses.
by Uji rate this post as useful

I see. 2007/10/13 08:14
Thanks, Uji! Since it's winter, I was wondering what bus they could take if they decide to get there just a little faster (and back).

Thank you again!
by peanut rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/13 08:29
They should take a bus called "Shinaijunkan", it's a bus goes around the city and get off at Daibutsumae(in front of Daibutsu, Great Buddha. There are bus stops on either side of a wide boulevard in front of JR station. Take a bus at the bus stop closer to the station (without crossing the boulevard.)
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

Bicycle 2007/10/13 19:32
You can also rent a bicycle for about Yen 500 for 4 hours, there is a bicycle rental next to the JR station. For me, this was the most convenient way to explore Nara. have fun!
by Bert rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/10/17 08:14
Thanks for the info! I've told my friends and they know about their options now :)
by peanut rate this post as useful

reply to this thread