Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Craft books, shops, fabric, supplies 2007/10/14 16:26
Just wondering if you could tell me in OSAKA where is a big bookstore with good selection of craft books (I realise they will be in japanese but i can look at the pictures), cute cartoony print fabrics, and other art/craft supplies like trims, beads, lace, etc?
thanks.
by kittymel  

osaka bookstores 2007/10/15 12:48
2 big stores in kita Umeda: one is Kinokuniya Umeda (Hankyu Sanbangai 1-1-3 Shibata 530_0012; Beneath Hankyu Umeda Terminal on the north side of JR Osaka station (the entry to the mall where kinokuniya is located is between the door to the Hankyu hotel and the waiting room for the airport limousine. go down a hallway then turn right-i think--to a huge hall where the store is). "Largest Kinokuniya in Osaka. One big floor beneath tracks. 600,000 books. Foreign books in section M. (Use side door to avoid the crowd.)
the other is Junkudo Osaka Main (Dojima) Store (1-3F Dojima Avanza, 1-6-20 Dojima
530_0003; From JR Osaka Station cross street, go south on street with Osaka Hilton: Yotsubashi-suji. In huge building on the left, 3 blocks south of JR Tozai Line Kita-Shinchi Station. Connected to
underground passage south of Subway Nishi-Umeda Station. Stocks 800,000 books. Very low copy per title ratio. Excellent classification and display.
by Plantagenesta rate this post as useful

reply to this thread