Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Urgent translation please 2007/10/15 06:35
Hi,could someone please translate this for me.the context is friends,a girl-to-girl discussion.
1. I was in a really vindictive mood.
2. do you remember that I said that I could never be angry with you?its still true,I don't want to feel angry with you,because you are my friend.
3.But,maybe,just a little,I took my feelings out on you. Or maybe,I wanted to.

sorry its so much,but even though i speak japanese i have trouble expressing myself accurately.thank you very much to any help!
by desperate  

... 2007/10/15 09:28
I take it that you want to explain/apologize, and the following is written in that tone. Please see if some re-phrasing that I've done (in the English sentence) is in line with what you want to say.

1. I was in a really vindictive mood at that time.
Ano toki wa, toku ni shikaeshi shitai kibun datta'n desu. (At that time I was in a particularly revengeful mood.)
Ano toki wa, nandaka ijiwaru na kibun datta'n desu. (At that time, I was in a wicked mood somehow.)

2. do you remember that I said before that I could never be angry with you?its still true,I don't want to feel angry with you,because you are my friend.
Mae ni, anata niwa kesshite honki de okoru koto wa nai to itta no wo oboete imasu ka? Ima demo sou desu. Tomodachi dakara, hara wo tatetari shitaku nai'n desu.

3.But, maybe, just a little, I took my feelings out on you.
Demo, sukoshi dake, yatsuatari wo shite shimatta kamo shiremasen.

Or maybe, I wanted to (be angry with you, a little).
Moshikashitara, chotto dake okoritakatta no kamo shiremasen.

The first sentence I gave under your Sentence 1. presupposes that she's done something to you, because you are using the word "vindictive." In Japanese, the closest "shikaeshi" clearly means "getting back at you." If you mean just in a wicked mood, please use the other one.

... Another thing: My feelings is that the last sentence might flare up things back again, if your intention is to apologize, please think about it.
by AK rate this post as useful

thanks very much AK 2007/10/15 14:23
all of the sentences are perfect,thank you!just, the last one, i meant "wanted to" in the sense of wanting to take it out on someone inncoent (like my friend),not wanted to be angry with her.thank you for your concern, i appreciate it:)
by original poster rate this post as useful

May I rephrase it this way :) 2007/10/15 18:01
Or maybe, I couldn't help taking it out just a little on someone.
Moshikashitara, chotto dake dareka ni yatsuatari sezu ni wa irarenakatta no kamo shiremasen.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread