Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip from Kyoto? 2007/10/16 13:02
We have a JR Pass and will also have one free day i Kyoto. We have previoullsy visited the lovely towns of Himeji, Nara, Hiroshima and Osaka. Is there any other pleasant rail trip around the area...a place we could visit for a few hours?

Thank you

Bil
by Bil  

Lake Biwa 2007/10/16 16:49
Last year my friend and I discovered a small place in Biwako, it is very nice to walk around the typical Japanese small town with houses and farms.

Have a cup of coffee at the lakeside of BSC watersport center is very relaxing. You can canoe or sail at this beautiful place.

It is easily accessible by train, just 30mins away, the train ride is along the Biwa lakeside.

We are definity going back again this winter.

http://www.bsc-int.co.jp
with english page
by fan rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/10/17 06:31
Thank you fo this information Fan

Bil
by Bil1 rate this post as useful

Kurashiki? 2007/10/18 05:52
Was wondering if Kurashiki or Okyama wouild also be possible day trips from Kyoto? Any comments about these towns would be appreciated.

Thank you

Bil1
by Bil1 rate this post as useful

okayama & kurashiki 2007/10/18 06:07
Was wondering if Kurashiki or Okyama wouild also be possible day trips from Kyoto?

Okayama is only 75 mins from Kyoto by shinkansen, then its 15 mins to Kurashiki, bith are worth seeing, in Okayama you have Okayama Castle and Korakoen garden, in Kurashiki you have the canal area with many attractive old buildings.
by Philip rate this post as useful

Day trip from Kyoto 2007/10/18 10:53
How about a day trip to Kobe for sightseeing and enjoying the Arima Onsen? A stay at one of the ryokans there maybe a nice relaxing evening. Check it out.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3558.html

Good luck.
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/10/19 05:42
Thanks everyone for your suggestions....many exciting possibilities!

Sincerely

Bil
by Bil rate this post as useful

reply to this thread