Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places near Tokyo in the next 20 days 2007/10/17 08:07
I believe I will be in Tokyo next week and plan to stay for ten days, I have lots of meetings, work and shopping plans, though there are still few days left without much plans, so I would like to take a train (not shinkansen) and go somewhere an hour from Tokyo or so, to try some famous cuisine (Ifm a menrui addict, so udon and soba would be great, but it can actually be anything), and I would really like to walk somewhere in a small forest or something, any other suggestions are welcome. I donft need an advice for a tourist, I would rather like to hear what one of you (native Japanese) would do if he she had a day off next week or a week after it, just what would you do and where would you go? I hope someone gives such a suggestion.
by T.K.  

Kamakura 2007/10/17 12:15
I would go to Kamakura, and take one of the hiking track through the forested hills behind the city.
The easiest one is near Kita Kamakura Station(to the west), and comes out near the Daibutsu.

Other longer ones are to the east, going through the back of some of the valley temple compounds near Kita Kamakura.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread