Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Senjogahara plateau 2007/10/17 15:46
Hi,
I am planning to visit Nikko on Nov. 3 (lake Chuzenzi area). Please let me know whether this is good time to see autumn leaves.
Further, I am planning to walk through Senjogahara plateau from Yudaki falls to Ryuzu falls. Is it advisable during this time. What would be the temperature range in this area around Nov. first week?
Thanks in advance
by TokyoTourist  

... 2007/10/17 20:22
What I remember from last autumn is that the autumn leaves were very nice around the Chuzenji lake area in late Oct. We also walked down the Yudaki to Chuzenji lake trail at that time, the walk was very pleasant, though the trees/grass up in the Senjogahara area looked pretty wintery, if you know what I mean. We were wearing a light leather jacket over regular shirt... it was not really "cold" yet, but cool during the day and a bit chilly in the evening already. Note that Nov. 3 is a holiday, so expect that the buses/the areas in general will be pretty crowded.

Another related thread:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+41094
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 12:19
Did you go? If yes, how was it?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Nikko Autumn on 3rd Nov 2007/11/15 14:25
Thanks AK for your help and Sorry for replying late.
Yes, Nikko (Chunzenji onsen area) was very beautiful and autumn was in its full swing. Weather was excellent. Leaves has started falling in Yumoto area by that time but still a visit to Yudaka falls was pleasant. Traffic however created a problem while returning to Nikko, though we could make it somehow to reach Nikko. Due to traffic, buses were very irregular and very very crowded ! Thanks again for your help.
by TokyoTourist rate this post as useful

reply to this thread