Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Omicho Market in Kanazawa 2007/10/17 22:44
How long does it takes to walk from the JR kanazawa station to the market? Or is it better to take the bus ( what bus number ) Plan to pick up packed lunch from the market before visiting the Kenokuen garden.Thanks for any suggestions.
by florence  

I'm guessing . . . 2007/10/19 08:34
. . . Omicho Market is the one with the fish vendor stalls in the downtown area? (I don't have a map handy) Yes, you can walk: just down the main street from the station and turn right. It's around 2 km. I did not see too many obentos there, though. Mainly fresh fish or seafood don restaurants. At best they'll have pieces of cooked fish.

You can rent bikes in Kanazawa, which I highly recommend. The bike rental place is behind the station. There is good English tourist info there so you should have no problem finding it or getting a bus map.

I forget the obento places in Kanazawa, but the train station is new so there's a lotta places to buy them. As with everywhere in Japan, there should be an extensive food market on the basement floor.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 12:23
It is more like one kilometer, or about a 15 minute walk.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread