Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

advice 2007/10/19 18:47
Hi I am visiting Japan in November for 10 days. I have purchased a 7 day rail pass. My itinerary is two days in Tokyo then on to Kyoto for 3 days. I would then like to visit Koyasan staying at one of the temples for a few days and then back to Tokyo.this is my first trip to Japan any advice would be very welcome thank you Paul
by Paul Quigley  

... 2007/10/21 14:26
Paul,
I don't know exactly what kind of advice you are looking for, but a few things come to mind:

- Be sure to schedule your trip so that Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo (the long distance trips) are covered by the 7 days during which your pass is activated. For short train/subway rides WITHIN Tokyo, you could relly on single tickets anyway.
- From what I from other posters, one overnight stay sounds sufficient for enjoying the koyasan temple experience. Maybe you can go to Himeji (day trip from Kyoto) to look at the beautiful castle there? Or spend another day in Kyoto itself, there are endless places to visit there :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread