Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1st time to Japan 2007/10/20 03:24
Hi,this is my 1st time to Japan. We plan heading to Hokkaido, Shirakawa-go and Gokayama for my honeymoon (14 days) on 15-30 Jan.
I'm planning to take a flight or train from Tokyo-Hokkaido-Nagoya-Shirakawa-go and Gokayama-Kyoto-Osaka. I'm very confused with the information available on the website. Anyone can help me? should I buy 14 days rail pass? guest house stay? o
Thanks a million.

by Selena  

. 2007/10/22 02:50
What you can do is:Buy 7 day JR Pass. Arrive Tokyo, 2 days Tokyo, flight Tokyo - Sapporo for Hokkaido visit - Tokyo. Now activate the 7 day pass for Tokyo - Nagoya and side trips - Kyoto end JR Pass, 3 days Kyoto and to KIX airport near Osaka. Yes guesthouse stay or better one night ryokan with Japanese dinner/breakfast.
by Peter rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 14:14
How about the following:

Tokyo - (air) - Hokkaido - (air) - Toyama Airport - (bus) - Gokayama - (bus) - Shirakawago - (bus) - Kanazawa - (train) - Kyoto - (train) - Osaka.

There is one ANA flight per day between Sapporo and Toyama.

Gokayama and Shirakawa are close together and not very well served by public transportation. You might want to consider renting a car for the part between Toyama Airport and Kanazawa, but only if you feel comfortable driving on snowy roads.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 14:16
For the flights, I recommend using an air pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html

Regular tickets for the remaining bus and train journeys.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread