Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hospitals -- English speaking staff 2007/10/20 11:35
I will travel in Dec with 6-month old baby. I would like to know if my baby needs to go to emergency. What should I do? What is the best way to handle? Please advice. Thanks
by Mango  

. 2007/10/21 02:50
Even though you may or maynot be American, the US Embassy in Tokyo has a list :


Of course if there were an emergency that last thing I would worry about is which hospital I need to go to with an english speaking doctor, I would just go to the closest hopsital and take care of the emergency.

The emergency number in Tokyo (and in Japan) is 119 for Fire/Ambulance and 110 for Police. Tokyo is a large place so there's most likely a chance of an english speaking dispatcher on the other end.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/21 06:04
i wouldnt worry, no matter who you are, or where you are in Japan, you will always find someone to help you should you be in need, even if they dont know english, just improvise a little
by ... rate this post as useful

How about Osaka? 2007/10/21 11:35
Thanks John. The list is very helpful. I will travel to Osaka too. Do you have a list for Osaka? Thanks
by Mango rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/21 12:11
On that same page is a link entitled: Follow this link for lists of health care providers in other parts of Japan
by John. rate this post as useful

119 2007/10/21 17:19
I am just curious if anyone from this forum did actually ever dialed 119 in english? do 119 operator respond in english or they force you to speak in Japanese?

i'm pretty sure that 110 poliz operator do not speak english at all no?
by mimu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread