Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dec.23rd-Jan.1st Itinerary 2007/10/20 18:34
Ok, so here's a rough draft of the itinerary for this trip. Please be overly critical and make suggestions. There is free day I haven't planned yet, so please say where you think it should be thrown in.
Also, if you know of any holiday conplications (things being closed or something), please tell me.

23 Tokyo
Arrive at 3. Get to hotel at maybe 4:30? Walk around and eat dinner, nothing planned.
24 Tokyo
Edo Museum. Kodo Concert. Fish market? Sumo stables?
25 Takayama
I'm thinking maybe two nights instead of one in Takayama.. thoughts?
26 Shirakawago
I have stayed at one these farm house minshuku and it's a great experience.
27 Kyoto
The usual sites.
28 Kyoto, Nara day-trip
The usual sites.
29 Mount Koya
Seems like this would be a worthwhile experience?

31 Tokyo
Trip back to Tokyo and one last night before plane on the 1st.

So like I said there's an extra day to throw in there. I'm thinking either Kyoto or Takayama. Hopefully people say Takayama because it takes a while to get there. Would people agree with a night at one of the temples on Mt. Koya?

Thanks!

Scott
by Scott  

Japan 2007/10/22 02:43
Arrival at 15.00 h Narita Airport will see you checked in at downtown Tokyo hotel around 18.00 h. Calculate 45 min for de-boarding, immigration. luggage pickup, customs and buying train or bus ticket. 15 min more for money exchange. Then some minutes waiting for the next available transport and one hour by train to either Nippori or Tokyo station plus transport to your hotel ( or 90 to 120 min by limousine bus from airport to hotel, if available ).
Tsukiji fishmarket visit early morning ( 06.00 h ).
Keep in mind that the Sumo Grand Tournament ends 25 Nov 2007 in Fukuoka. See: http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/index.html
Check if Kodo concert available on your day of intented visit.
Recommend Koya san with one night temple lodging not as day visit.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread