Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions on holidays in December 2007/10/21 10:36
Hi,
23 Dec is a holiday in Japan. Will shops/restaurants/gardens/temples/museums/places places-of-interest close on that day, and/or days before or after?

What about public transportation like trains/metros, will it still be available at usual operation hours?

I will be in Tokyo on 23 Dec, can anyone suggest what I should do that day? Should I go to Hakone (crowded)? Should I go to disneyland (crowded)? Or visit temples and shopping?
by sgnick  

... 2007/11/3 15:10
Shops and tourist attractions are open on national holidays. Some even have extended hours, because this is when people are not working and have the time to go sightseeing and shopping.

This year, December 23 falls on a Sunday, so the public holiday is observed on the following Monday. Some museums and sightseeing spots, which are usually closed on Monday, will be open on Monday and, instead, be closed on Tuesday.

What about public transportation like trains/metros, will it still be available at usual operation hours?

They will run as usual (according to the Sunday/holiday timetable, if there is such a distinction).

What to do obviously depends mainly on your interests. Disneyland is likely to be very crowded, but I imagine Hakone to be only mildly crowded.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/4 08:22
Thanks Uji
by sgnick rate this post as useful

Dec 23 2007/11/4 08:41
I am looking for things to do on our 3rd day in TOkyo. What would be a good 1/2 day neightbourhood/place to visit in Tokyo if we have visited hakone, shibuya, harajuku, ginza the 2 dys before. THanks!
by Susie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread